Trainee / Assistant Quantity Surveyor
We have an opportunity for a trainee / assistant quantity surveyor to join Russell Bolton Consulting.
We will offer on the job training with opportunities to develop wider technical and project delivery skills by working alongside experienced professionals. We will assign a dedicated mentor and a line manager/supervisor to ensure you are supported in their personal and professional development.
Manchester office based with flexible working available
Full time 37.5 hrs/week
The role of Assistant Quantity Surveyor is to assist in all cost and procurement management processes. The role will involve assisting Cost Managers with the following:
- Evaluation and reporting to tenders
- Valuation of completed work and arranging for payments.
- Preparation of completed work and arranging for payments.
- Administration of construction contracts
- Assist with the reporting of the Project Budget / Cost Report
- Contribute to Value management/value engineering. Providing professional project and cost management services to our clients
- Managing client teams
- Writing and presenting bids to clients including preparing fee proposals
- Business development – building relationships and developing new business opportunities
- Involvement in the growth of the business bringing fresh ideas and strategies for open discussion with Directors
- Mentoring and training staff
- A degree in Quantity Surveying (BSc or equivalent) or, enrolled on an accredited part-time post-graduate degree with at least two years of relevant experience
- Enrolled and working towards Full Membership of RICS
- A good understanding of the construction industry and how it works
- Good organisation, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Financial and numeracy management skills
- Sound ICT skills, with a good level of proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A full clean driving licence
Dependent on experience
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Employer contribution flexible pension plan
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance
About Russell Bolton Consulting
Russell Bolton Consulting is a niche project management, cost consultancy, property and construction advisory firm, based in the city of Manchester.
The firm started life in 2021, launched by some of the UK’s most experienced and highly respected property and construction professionals. Our mission is to provide a specialist, independent and highly personal service geared towards achieving the objectives of our clients at every stage of the development process.
Our culture is centred on helping clients make an impact in the world, while providing a healthy and valued place to work.
This is a great opportunity to come in at the start of something and for the right candidate this could be the start of a very enjoyable and rewarding journey.
Apply for this job
To apply for either position send your CV and covering letter to David Litherland, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies please.